Friday, February 06, 2015

Photos and preschool

Here are a few photos of the past couple of days. Kids are starting their New Year holidays so my little man's preschool class is down from 24 to 7. This next week the teacher told me there expect about 4 before they officially have their break.

Today I took the younger two with when I went to pick my little man up and read books to his class. My three year old will start in March.  Not sure what that will look like. Maybe we will end up only having him go a few times a week or just for a couple of hours at a time. We will see. 

We've recently been encouraged by various people to consider having our kids, at the right age, go to local primary school. This was never before on my radar. These woman have also had children grow up here or they themselves grew up as western kids in this context. They are encouraging us to stay connected locally, give our kids opportunities to have local friendships and feel at ease here. I think each family chooses what's right for their kids. We are still a long ways off from having to decide.

Today I talked to a group of nine year old boys. One kid is in a class of 78 students all day. He leaves the house and gets on a bus before 7:00 am and then gets back after 5:00 pm. He said that he really likes school. I asked him if they do group work and it seems that the teacher mostly talks and then asks them questions. But he loves playing with his friends.
Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by and reading!

No comments: