Thursday, August 29, 2013

Things that make me laugh

Things that make me laugh...





  • I tried to explain to my little man why I don't think he really needs a skateboard (he's amost four).  Then I told him to go ask another little boy if he'd let him try.  But I couldn't quite remember the word for skateboard.  I love that my little man looked at me and said it perfectly (and quite proudly).  Go little man for picking up those kinds of words!
  • A man with his young (maybe 8 year old boy) was talking to my 18 month old and said to his son, "Let him play ball with you.  Maybe he'll teach you English."  I'm still trying to make progress myself teaching him English.  He does pretty well and can say: MORE, all done, ball, bi (bike), mama, dada, go, that, MORE, MORE, NO, agua (it's totally not English but his favorite word), and other things here and there.  He understands EVERYTHING, but I think he may have to hold off a few months or so before he starts his teaching career.
  • Living here is sometimes like living in a fish bowl.  Everyone watches us, talks about us and gets to point and talk about us as if we weren't there.  We were watching some men replanting trees and I'm pretty sure that US watching THEM caused them to be uncomfortable so they tried to get me to leave the scene.  Guess they haven't experienced fish bowl living themselves.
  • People love to tell me how great it's going to be to have a little girl.  Ahh, but we're having another little boy:)  Bring on the trucks and dirt.
  • My baby is reaching star status with his new moves of waving at everyone.  People can't get enough of his blond hair and like to follow us everywhere.  But now he smiles and waves at people.  Yikes.  I sometimes try to avoid extra attention, but of course I think it's cute that he's happy to say hi to people.  
  • We started looking at houses.  Things that I thought were funny.  I was asked by someone WHAT I was going to put in a basement.  They seriously wanted a list of things.  I didn't quite feel like telling them "a Christmas tree, kids outgrown clothes to be saved for the next child, winter clothes, etc quite would have ended the conversation.  I looked at a house tonight and the woman and the agency didn't quite have the same information.  When I asked to look into the rooms she looked at me with astonishment and asked if I really needed three rooms.  Then we progressed to the kitchen (imagine a tiled room, all empty apart from a water heater.)  She then looked at me and asked, "Do you need to cook."  I looked at her, TRIED not to laugh, said yes, and asked her, "Do you need to cook?"  "OF COURSE!" She answered.  I tried to explain how when kids are hungry I sort of need to feed them.... I'm not sure we're quite the tenants she's looking for and I'm not sure it's quite the fit we need.  Still looking:)
Thanks for reading:)

No comments: