I'm packing. I find that we accumulate things. We are blessed with bookshelves filled with books, kitchen pots and pans, spices, stuff, and more stuff. I've packed about 10 boxes of things so far (the boxes are pretty small, but I'm using what I have). I have hopes to do homeschooling one day so I have homeschooling books along with novels, resource books, cook books, etc. But I love having books to be able to share with others, to read to my kids (that are a mix and variety so that I'm not always reading the same ones to them. They don't get bored of them but I need the change!) I'm trying to separate and reduce THINGS: clothes, extras, etc.. I'm labeling outgrown kids clothes that can be passed down to the next one. I'm wondering how many candle I really need. Maybe I need bigger boxes.. :)
Ohh packing. It seems to just keep G O I N G and going...
I'm thinking that if I pack like 4 boxes a day, there won't be such a rush to get things ready when we really want to move.
When are we going to move??
Soon. Or maybe better said... soonish.
There are a lot of houses on the market to rent. Basically, once we start to look for a house, we need to be ready to sign a contract. Usually the agencies show houses, try to get you to decide on their house, and they want you to sign the contract that day, pay three months in advance with a deposit and then the move happens within a few days. So it all happens quite quickly. Since our contract isn't quite up, we want to wait a bit so that there's not too much overlap between the two apartments. So yah, soonish. That probably means within the next three weeks:)
I'm looking forward to moving. Well not the thoughts of PACKING and then UNPACKING a house. But to thoughts of new spaces, being able to hang up photos on our wall (I've missed our photos/pictures), a bigger kitchen (I don't think it would be physically possible to get any smaller), new areas outside the apartment to explore, hopefully a corner shop with a few more options and things in it, and finding that right apartment for our family.
I would love a new place to have a special spot for the kids. I'm not quite sure what that would look like. Maybe it would mean a grassy spot that's not so populated outside of the apartment entrance or an extra space near-by with shade for kids to run around in.. .not sure. Just hopeful that there will be "a special spot" for the little guys.
In the meantime, between being busy and trying to keep up with normal things,
I've gotta keep on
P A C K I N G:)
Much love to you all and thanks for stopping by and reading!
p.s. I text ed my local doctor today and asked her her thoughts on whether to delivery locally or go to a bigger city. She knows about my blood group and possible need for the Rhogam injection (that can't be acquired locally) and obviously is familiar with the hospitals here. I thought it'd be interesting to get her opinion. She wrote "maybe better not here." Ohh.
A few photos...
| Many of you guys head to the lakes. We head to our outdoor blow-up pool and put the kids in a plastic boat. Not quite the swimming, freshwater experience, but it works:) |
| The interesting things you can buy... |
| Fish, fish, fish anyone? |
| Dried fish anyone? Maybe it adds a special taste in stir-fries... |
| Dried shrimp. A lot of people use and love these things. I'm not really a fan. |
Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts and suggestions:) Love to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment