Thing my little man said yesterday and today...
"It's OK mummy, he's just trying to reach something. Let's give him grace." I probably was telling my baby NO and that was my little man's response. We try to teach him about grace in the little and big moments. He's learning to incorporate grace into his relationships. I love seeing how quick he is to forgive and extend grace.
Me: “Are you tired (asking my baby)" My little man: "No, he's just having a cranky day." It's probably true, four molars all coming in at the same time. I keep hoping they will just COME IN. I think it's still going to be a while.
The other day. He said: "Mummy say 'sorry.'" Me:"Sorry" Him: "Say it again. Do you know why you're saying sorry?" There is no getting away with thing with him.
He's casually learning Spanish since we sometimes communicate in it so that he doesn't catch everything we say. His favorite phrase is "vamos" and then a mix-mash of make believe languages, Chinese and Spanglish. We speak it and so likes to ask me "how do you say 'red' in Spanish: or other words or phrases. Think one day he will break our code.
Him about his brother: "Mummy, we have to teach him the difference between right and wrong." I try to teach him that when we disciple him it's because we're teaching him the difference between right and wrong. He believes his brother needs to learn this ASAP.
He's a constant observer and will ask me, "Mummy, is everything all right?" or just randomly say
"Mummy, I love our baby! He's our precious baby."
The world of my three year old. He's precise, forgiving, sees and listens to everything, and makes my days a bit more interesting:) I often have to ask him to stop talking because it's constant chatter and questions. All very cute but I sometimes I also just need to parent without his help or try to get something (without him asking me tons of questions while I'm reaching up high..)
He stayed home from school today because he wasn't so well, so my world was filled with talk, chatter, and talk:)
He stayed home from school today because he wasn't so well, so my world was filled with talk, chatter, and talk:)
I love my kids. But I am missing things like play-groups or moms mornings or just getting together with other woman on the same page as me. Going outside and swerving in between groups of people as I pull my baby in a little car and as my little man scoots around them is great. But also different. Most people are really kind. I always get asked those same questions (how old are your kids, are they cold, why isn't he wearing split trousers, etc) Trusting that there are processes in life and this is one one of them.
Time for bed.
Thanks for reading and stopping by my blog. What are the fun/interesting things your kids say? What kind of life stages are you in?
Time for bed.
Thanks for reading and stopping by my blog. What are the fun/interesting things your kids say? What kind of life stages are you in?
2 comments:
i think it is so funny how veryone there thinks your kids are cold! it makes me laugh a little. you know, my kids dont chatter. they would rather climb up something dangerous. they are more physical. but netanya does says things like: 'mom, can i learn to drive a motorcycle.' her father's answer: 'when your 18.' nice.
Haha. Don't they just say the funniest things? Now it's hot out and they scold me for keeping them outside, or not putting the right shoes on them, etc. I guess it will always be something;) How are you guys all doing?
Post a Comment