Friday, May 10, 2013

Getting out

Getting out is always an interesting experience.   I get restless at home so I try to always get out in the mornings (even if it's just for 20 minutes as I go to the shop to do daily veg. buying) and the late afternoons.  I took both kids and went to a different park.

We look different here.  Over here people think that we have big noses, we wear different styles of clothing and we talk differently.  Heads turn.  And people are often really friendly.  And sometimes people get really excited when they see us.

Like today...

1. A couple started taking professional photos of my kids.

2. A group of kids went into hysterics and were so excited to see my kids.  They were running around chanting "weiguoeren, weiguoren" (foreigners, foreigners" and ran up to us without realizing that we may have understood them.   I think they just wanted to be friends.

3, A little girl later looked at us and did an exaggerated scared scream (because we look different).  Again, I think she was trying to be cute and get our attention.    

4.  A woman asked if she could have a photo of my little man.  I told her to "ask him." She asked him and he shook his head no.  She then pointed her phone at him and started to take photos.  I stopped her and she said that he didn't understand.  People like to show their friends photos of our kids.  I'm sure she just wanted to show her friends the photos. 

Steering through those moments can be challenging.  Grace is needed.  Thankfully everyone had a good day at the park and none of those moments bothered them.   


Of course there were some fun moments:

-playing with a water gun that you put into a little lake and shoot up into the sky
-playing ball and watching my baby try to attack dirt
-seeing how willing people were to help both kids when the ball got away or when my little man couldn't quite get the water into the water pistol
-it was a beautiful day and nice to be out with everyone in a beautiful park.
-
Thanks for stopping by and reading:)

1 comment:

jocelyn said...

wow, that sounds challenging! i am not sure i would have so much grace! but i am also a frequenter of the park only i get stared because i have 3 kids and i am at home. well, at least we look the same as everyone else here.