| This little guy walked all around, looked out windows, washed his hands (I once went somewhere and spent about half the travel time washing hands), talked with different kids and went all around. |
| Trying to escape? |
| There was a kids play area at the airport. Great idea! |
It's so nice to finally be back in America!
It's nice to see Grandpa and Grandma. The puppies. Drive. Go to the grocery and see AISLES of the food I hardly can find in Asia (normal hot dogs, dried pasta, dairy products, etc.). Listen to music on the radio. See friends. Encounter very friendly and polite people out and about and see that no one is pushing or racing me to the register (I sort of defensively raised my elbows when a woman was moving in the same direction towards the checkout. Then I realized what I was doing, how many people were in line and that it just "wasn't the thing to do" here. I lowered them quickly. I don't think she realized:)
The flights were fine. Long. On the long-haul flight the stewardess was kind to us and gave us two extra seats, which made a big difference for our little people. So thankful! Food was fine. We didn't take the custom sheet to heart and brought in apple slices, which you are NOT suppose to do. So we were detained. Held. Not allowed to talk to them. Or touch our stuff. Our bags were brought in for the great search. In the end, the guy threatened us with huge fines and finally let us go (I was afraid we were going to miss our flight.) My defense.. "I was just trying to make it through the flight with two kids, little sleep, flying toys and didn't think about the apple slices." Please always remember to throw away your apple slices or check the yes box for bringing in food:) Ahh.
The kids are so happy to be with their grandparents (as are their grandparents to be with the little people.)
Thankful to be here.
Photos from the travel...
No comments:
Post a Comment