Last year it was the year of the Dragon.
| Minutes old! |
| Those are the holiday crowds at the train station. |
| This was the backdrop of where I walked around before I went to the hosital. Those highways remind me of labor:) |
I don't by any means base my life, decisions or circumstances on the Chinese Zodiacs. I acknowledge the years and watch the impact it has on so many people. It's not only represented on cards, window hangings, text messages, balloons, receipts and stuffed animals, but people really do base life decisions, friendships and life partners around the zodiacs. (this person and I SHOULD get along, etc.)
The Dragon year was considered a "lucky year" and an ideal one to get married in, have babies, renovate houses, etc. It seemed that everyone was getting married, having babies and doing up their houses. I got use to always hearing hammers and drills. People gutted their apartments and totally did them up. I'd see toilets in the dumpster, new windows on the curb, etc. I'd visit friends and there was no escape from the hammers and pounding. I think they were trying to "catch luck."
The snake has a meaning about craftiness and wariness. Knowing that, the symbol this year has a big "happy" smile on it perhaps to reassure people who rest their worries, hopes and trust on the zodiacs that "luck" can still befriend them.
There is a lot of superstition in this culture.
Maybe this year I'll hear fewer hammers and drills pounding away.
On another note, it seems that more and more people are coming back from the holidays and shops are slowly opening up. I went to three different mini markets looking for bread this afternoon. Seems the bread suppliers are still on holiday. Can't wait to find some on the shelves again in the next few days;) Thankfully the people that deliver our bottled water opened shop today after almost 2 weeks away and were able to deliver us three big containers of water. We were almost out:)
![]() |
| Drinking water is just a phone call away. A man drives his "water bike scooter?" over, knocks on our door and lifts them right into our water dispenser. |
![]() |
| An apartment |
![]() |
| Big complex |
![]() |
| Really big complex |





2 comments:
thanks for all the pictures Christina!!!
Love ya Jocelyn! Thanks for the suggestions:)
Post a Comment