I had my baby in the sling and my little man next to me. It's our talking time and questions time.
When we got out to go to preschool, I looked down to only see 1 shoe on my baby's feet. I just got the shoes a week ago. So I realized... I would either have to get a new pair of shoes or... CHASE THE BUS:)
So there we were, my little man, my baby and I chasing the bus. The driver was honking, we were swerving between cars and suddenly we were at a red light and the driver was shouting, "Go see if he'll let you back in the bus. Leave your kid with me" Me: "I have two kids.. I can't leave my son in the car while I check." Anyways, I was pulling one child and wearing a baby and knocking at the bus door showing them my baby's shoe.
The driver was yelling through the bus to see if anyone had seen it (and because the light was due to turn green) and I was hastily handed one lovely little green shoe. Yay! I had to explain "why we chased the bus" various times to my three year old, but he was happy to have had a bit of excitement in his morning.
My little guy likes to engage people in conversations (especially adults). So on the way back from school as we were riding the bus, he looked across at a woman and asked her in Chinese "What are you doing?" It seemed a bit random, but I let him talk. He had a conversation with her and then looked at me and said, "She's precious." (He said that in English). I went over to her and told her she was precious. Love that he sees people and can look at strangers and see something more and that he says it.
It's been a good week. Struggling with my little man hitting and yelling. That's never fun. But we still have our great moments.
It's late. Time to go to sleep. It's nice to write late at night when little people are all sleeping:)
Thinking of you all. Thanks for reading:)
.
No comments:
Post a Comment