I love when there's so much to write about. But one of my favorite things to tell you about is my little man. He cracks me up.
Preschool is going fine. Well apart from all sorts of spots on my little man (could they be from their school beds and linen?!) .. Every day he takes a nap there. The other day he slept for 2.5 hours. I think everyone was thankful:) He's a little ball of fire and when he doesn't nap he likes to, play, sing and try to wake everyone up. Sigh.
His language is improving dramatically. He has play conversations with us and he rattles off a regular phone conversation in Chinese. It's hilarious. We have to hold the phone and then he'll carry on and answer all of our questions When people are talking to us in Chinese, he listens and gives his opinions now (like DON'T put that THERE.) He's become more polite to people and even will randomly say hi to strangers (sometimes in English other times in Chinese). Both of those things are huge changes from even 6 months ago when he'd yell at people or refuse to look at strangers.
I think the teachers give him a lot of freedom at school. He seems to roll to a different beat than other kids. They line up and go inside. He stays outside on the slide. They eat fruit. Somehow he gets a cookie. I'm not sure how to correct this, but I'm also not too worried about it. I watch the teachers and they seem to genuinely like all of the kids and treat them well. They are trying to teach him everything from how to be potty trained at naps (it's been a long road) to how to be polite and not head bang them (he still head bangs me// OWW). He's the only non-local kid and I think we're all learning as we go what works.
He spent the first month resisting going and now by the third, he enjoys it. He likes playing on the slides. He likes his little friends. One day before school he demanded a piece of bread to give to his buddy. So we walked in with a piece of bread for his friend. Everyone was happy that morning.
Well it's late. Time to sleep! The kids wake up early and my baby still wakes up in the night. I tried controlled crying tonight, but it didn't work very well.
I'm thankful for this smooth transition into preschool and his adaption. Thanks for thinking of us!
With much love.. Thanks for reading!
1 comment:
So great to hear your news! Great to hear about William- sounds like you're all having a ball! I've just finished for half term- so tired- could really do with a rest so hoorah for holidays. Roobin's business is starting to get going which is great to. Take care, K&R
Post a Comment