Saturday, August 11, 2012

Good-bye England. Hello China

We arrived with two checked in pieces.  Well, I think we'll be leaving with a few more:)  It'll be much easier to handle on the way back than on the way here.  I've convinced myself.  And I've ALMOST convinced my DH. 

I'd rather arrive with extra things for the kids and go to a bit of extra trouble than just travel light. 

My extras include:
  • a few kids books
  • some more toys (random ones from car boot sales, preloved, etc)
  • a scooter (birthday present)
  • some clothes (from here and there) 
  • a few things for people back in China. 

My only problem, I need a couple of extra cases now!  I had hoped to go to one last car boot sale yesterday to find one, but my machine (my husband) was quite busy (understatement).  I've been looking on pre-loved, gumtree, etc. I think as a last resort, we can do boxes:)  I have two more days to scramble:)

I've really enjoyed our time here.  It's gone quickly.  We've been busy.  Very busy.  My DH has been up at 6am (we have two alarm clocks in the forms of small people) and coming back often 9-10pm.  He's painted, decorated, etc.  We've met up with friends.  Seen family (the cousins had great times together.  SO THANKFUL!).  Gone camping.  Driven here and there to see people. Got the kids vaccinations.  Enjoyed the hospitality of others.  Had a total of 5 nights with just the four of us. THANK YOU for letting us stay with you and for coming to us!  I even got to Asda (thanks Amanda! ) 

I won't go into what we haven't done (because the list seems quite long and well, I don't want to be back in China with regrets).  But I will say, it's very hard to come back for a short-time, catch up on years of not seeing people, go here and there with two kids, get everything done, reconnect and then not get a bit sad when you leave.  It is hard.   

I'm trying to prepare myself for getting back.  I'm hoping my language will be ok.  I'm thinking about my little man starting local preschool and how he will adapt.  I will blog about my thoughts of it soon.  I'm enjoying the last couple of days of blending in, seeing many energetic kids (and reminding myself that my kids are normal), and having real heart-to-heart conversations with people (it's just friendship in different ways over there..).

Thanks for reading. Thanks for driving to meet up with us. Thanks for the chats and just hanging out with us:) Will be sure to post again soon and put on photos:)






2 comments:

Charlotte Hughes said...

Delighted you got to Asda, best of luck on the return xxx

Christina said...

Thanks Char! Loved Asda:) I just love looking at all of the stuff.. haha. Thinking of you! xxx