For sometime I've been pondering how to give my best to my boys and to others.
When I go outside, we attact a lot of attention. A lot of people want to come up and ask me questions like:
"How old is your baby," "Isn't your son cold," "Where are you from," "His nose is big," "Can your baby breathe in the sling,' etc. Everyday, many times over.
It's hard to give my little men all of my attention when I have many people keen to talk or just who want to watch us.
Imagine playing football, but when you go to get the ball, someone asks you something. Do you stop to talk? Do you continue playing with your son? Do you talk as you walk away? My decisions show him how important he is to me and whether others deserve thoughtful and polite answers.
Or when I'm telling my son that he needs to be kind to people or listening to him and then someone starts to ask me how old is he, where am I from, etc. when I'm still in the middle of the conversation. How do you respond? Everyday, many times. I need my son to know he's important and has my attention. I want others to know I do care and want to listen. But I find it difficult to know how to do both things at once. Sometimes I find I run away from crowds and people just so that I can really play with him. I'm not antisocial, but I want my time with my son to be special.
I don't have one solution. It's something I'm constantly challenged with. I've been frusterated. My son hasn't wanted to go outside. He's yelled at people. I've ignored people.
I want to chat with people. I want my son to play with other kids. But sometimes it's difficult.
So thankful that today was a GREAT sharing and playing time. He played with others, he didn't yell when people asked me questions, (he did get upset when people held our baby, but I understand), he was polite to others and interacted with his friends. I'm so thankful!! It's been a constant struggle for months. I have happy tears:)
I'm thankful.
Her are some photos of the past month +.
No comments:
Post a Comment