Monday, October 25, 2010

October Highlights

Wow, it's hard to believe that October is almost over.  We had a brilliant time with family in September (my parents and brother) and October (my DH's bro and fam).  Now that our house is empty, it all is a bit strange.  I miss everyone!  I think one of the only things that I DON'T miss is my little guy sleeping in the bathroom.  Yes, he was sleeping in the bathroom, don't even ask my how far away from the toilet! We decided to separate all the boys since my DS was waking up in the middle of the night and we didn't want him to wake up their boys and well, in the end, my DH thought it would be a nice change to have him out of our room.  The only suitable place (sort-of suitable!) was the bathroom.  But he was a champ and started sleeping through the night again and hey, it worked, so it's all fine.   

The three cousins were really cute together.  They usually enjoyed each other's company.  His little cousin is a big sweetie, so he was always smiling and going along with things.  My DS would give him hugs each morning.  Then he would take away his older cousin's toys or just get in his personal space and sometimes the two of them needed separating!  Very funny!  Their oldest is very clever, talks really well and is very imaginative.  I loved watching how they all interacted. 

We loved time with them.  It was great to catch up with them, do KTV (karaoke), have some great Chinese food, go to the some sites, explore, and more.  My sister-in-law and I even did a cooking class.  Wow, it was so helpful!  I know now how to make some more Chinese food and it tastes good.

So I'm feeling very blessed that we were able to enjoy this past while with family.  But now, our apartment really does feel quite empty.  But I'm sure that won't last for too long! 

Some of the low-lights of the past month:
- Can you believe we lost my DS's security blanket!  His duck and blanket both have disappeared.  We're now onto a blue floppy puppy.
- Then we lost his dummy / pacifier.  He actually threw it in the "gap" waiting for the train.  It was almost funny.
- My cell-phone got lost (stolen?)  A pain, but ohh well.
- The laptop is back in the States for repairs.  We're thankful that it's still under warranty and that my parents could take it back.  Still getting use to sharing a net-book between us.  It's ok. 

I'll wrap this up.  Language study is ok.  I can understand a lot, but it's just a lot harder to put sentences together.  So I'm working on that!

Lots of love to you all.  Will try to write some more of the funny stuff that happens next time!

No comments: