Wherever I go, I hear the same phrase, question, concern: "aren't you cold." I'm not cold, I don't think my little man is and to be honest, I don't think the Chinese kids are either, look quite cozy in all their layers. BUT.. they still walk around in split pants. Split pants are pants that are completely open from the front to the back in case a baby or small child needs to go to the bathroom (they don't use diapers so that's how they do that one!)
There seems to be a bit of fear over getting too cold. I think they worry that they will all get sick (in all differing degrees) and since they've grown up being always so bundled up, they really, honestly just get terribly cold. I would also think that when certain parts are exposed to the cold elements, they would get cold. Upon asking, I've been told that Chinese baby bums don't get cold. It seemed that many people were interested in my conversation with the moms because I think I had about 8 people all agreeing and telling me the same thing.
Perhaps that really is the case, but for now, I'm glad my DS's staying warm down there. I try to gently tease my friends and say that his bum does get cold, but the rest of his body is just fine and not worried about the cooler temperatures.
Time to hand over the computer to my DH! Lots of love.
No comments:
Post a Comment