We've been enjoying seeing my parents and brother. It's been good to share together and it's been nice for William to have grandparent time. My dad really enjoys having William on his shoulders and playing with him. He loves to feed him. Meal times can be tricky since at times he'll be hungry (cranky) and sometimes convincing Will that we have to hold onto a spoon too, is a real challenge. So if we get some food in his mouth, he doesn't yell too much and he drinks something, we consider it a sucess. So I'm glad my Dad puts up with it all.
I trust that as William learns to speak, he'll stop yelling. I keep telling my family that William is normal (yes he yells, he can cry, fuss, he loves to open cupboards and take things out of them, runs around, makes noise, fake laughs, doesn't yet walk in a straight-line, has a strong will, did I forget anything!) BUT I think he's a normal, active, happy toddler.
In case you will be seeing us anytime soon, don't take us to a quiet restaurant or expect complete quiet! We are the loud ones who run after a toddler, need kid-friendly activities, etc. I do love this time in our lives. Sometimes I reflect on how much our lives have changed and how little "me" time I have, but I'm thankful for naps, I'm learning the language, I get to see my family now, we have a very smart little boy and are enjoying this time in our lives.
My brother has been learning about toddlers too. I think he was a bit frightened of William, but hopefully he's taking a liking to him now. I think that Grandma also enjoys being with William. Well William is napping and I suppose I should go relieve Grandpa of his babysitting and go check on him.
Will try to write again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment