Does anyone ever feel like they just need a bit of inspiration in the kitchen? I sure do! I've been looking in cookbooks and online and I still just end up not knowing what to cook for dinner and what to make for William!
I like to make big batches of baby food and then freeze it, but considering that he's able to start doing finger food I was trying to think of ideas for that. I keep trying toast with egg yokes on it, but no matter how I do the eggs, he makes gagging sounds. It's sort of funny! But I'm running out of my ice-cubes, so it's time to make more baby food and I don't want to just go for the same things. Every time I go to the market, inspiration goes out the door and I can only think of all the things I know / or have made and wonder if perhaps a bit more variety would be good:)
So, maybe you have some good ideas and maybe hearing it from real people rather than just reading it on page will be inspiring. Any tips much appreciated!

3 comments:
I only just saw this post..I used to give Ethan chopped up pasta with a sauce on it (bit messy!) or plain. A savoury rice is also a good finger meal. I also used to make french toast and pancakes for breakfast. Little finger sandwiches with cream cheese and grape or cucumber with the skin removed, or a mashed banana on them or some grated cheese are also good. I realise it might not be easy for you to get a lot of these things. We really struggled with Ethan's finger food because of his reflux problem.
pizza? last i checked it was great finger food.
bananas. cucumber chunks and yoghurt.
dandilion root...raw, with fire ants.
Rebekah, I like the pasta idea. He is still a bit wary of pasta. When did Ethan get into it? He loves toast with egg (well not necessarily the egg, but the toast at least!) I have to try the french toast and pancakes.. great idea.
Aidan, I think he would SERIOUSLY love pizza. Bananas and cucumber are winners. Think we may stay away from the raw dandilion root with fire ants, thanks though.
Post a Comment