I didn't really check the weather guide and since I've been stubbornly telling everyone that "it's not cold," I dressed William in his onesie with shorts and his shoes (no socks). I got outside and quickly realized that it was actually a bit cool!
It was early and well it must have cooled down from previous days. I thought he'd be fine, so decided to just get going. So there I was, heading to the market with people wondering, what is the crazy foreigner doing under-dressing her baby and what is that weird thing he's wound up in - his sling! Sure enough, I think about 40 people tried to tell me he was cold. I tried to make light of it and joke around with people. I think we were all cracking up. People would look at me, immediately tell me that William was cold (it was about 17 C / 62 F) and I would immediately say, "No, he's not cold, I'm not cold, I know you're cold." The people behind me mimicked me and well, we all had a laugh. On the way home, I smashed one of the eggs, the bag with the carrots broke and the carrots were rolling around the outside of the apartment complex and William was crying.
I couldn't find my keys, Luke didn't hear me ringing the doorbell or his cell-phone. I was getting a bit desperate and William was still crying. I finally took all the veggies out of my handbag in order to find them, put my cell-phone on a ridge outside the door, got inside and breathed a sign of relief.
About 15 minutes later one of my neighbors knocked on my door.
He pointed at my cell-phone, which was still on the ridge outside the door and my lovely keys hanging outside the door in the key-hole with frustration and tried to tell me to be more careful. Oops!
Well the veggies are being cooked, William's napping and we're about to leave, so best be ending this. Have a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment