My teacher is great at working on pronunciation with me. I'm awful at it, but Luke's doing pretty well with his and his tones! Anyways there was a particular word that I just wasn't pronouncing right so my teacher decided to review how to say the "r." She just kept cracking up at me! I tried about a billion different ways to say it, but somehow, it just wasn't correct. So in the end we both just laughed, I promised that I'd continue practicing and we moved on.
I even tried to follow these instructions. Give them a try too. Here's one of the words that I just wasn't saying right today (gotta get the right tone too!) http://www.nciku.com/search/zh/detail/日/1312649
r similar to the 'z' in 'azure' or the 'j' in French 'jaune' (yellow), but note the difference: the front surface of the tongue is raised close to the roof of the mouth, as well as being pulled back a little further so that the tip of the tongue is just behind the gum ridge. Note that the side rims of the tongue should touch the upper side teeth, the middle of the tongue is slightly grooved, and the tongue tip, although raised, is not in contact with either teeth or gums.
Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment