Monday, March 08, 2010

William, snow and life

Well here are a few photos taken in the last couple of days. It snowed and it was great; it's cleared the pollution and today we can see a beautiful blue sky! We don't really have a lot of those here. William's sitting up by himself and continues to enjoy his play mat, although he most loves creeping/crawling off of it! We have this cool little mesh thing that we put cut up fruit in. Luke hung it on the playmat and William was quite happy holding onto it and sucking his apples. Hopefully later today we'll move into our apartment. I went to look for sheets yesterday evening and it was interesting... the woman was being very helpful and was putting many things in my trolley. I just wanted to look around, but in the end partially because I realized we just needed to get something and also partially because I didn't know how to tell her that we didn't want anything - we got a set of sheets, not necessarily my favorites, but they'll do the job. It's not as simple as I thought going and getting stuff from the supermarket. William + foreign parents who don't speak a lot of Chinese + about 10 Chinese workers in one area of a store = lots of attention, lots of help (?), a few pokes at William, more comments about him being cold, & laughter at our broken Chinese and lots of commotion.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: