Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A bit of a cold

Life seems to fly by... William's 19 days old, my dishes seem permanently unwashed, I have piles of thank you notes left to write, birth announcements to send out to the US and the days keep going by without many of what seemed to be important things getting done.

The health visitor came today to see how William is doing and to check up on us. I've been very impressed by the NHS system. They've been great - and I really appreciate that they come to our home to weigh him and see how he's doing. I asked her many questions. It seems that the little man has a bit of a cold. Poor baby.. he's been a bit unsettled the past two days. It's hard for him and hard for us! Having a crying baby isn't easy!

Luke's back to work on the house and has been diligently studying these past few days. We loved having all of our visitors, but now that they've left, we're back to normal life (some of us) and he's getting back into what he needs to do. I spend a lot of time "feeding on demand" trying to rock William to sleep and when he doesn't fall to sleep... doing it all over again!

So between a cold, crying and many unwashed dishes.. we're getting into the swing of things.

Lots of love for now...

No comments: