Friday, March 25, 2016

Eggs and boredom

Hello. I'm thankful for this season of celebrating life, new hope, and His empty tomb. We have all sorts of little Easter eggs that various people in different groups have been painting. Below my boys painted a bit. I'm learning to embrace and celebrate holidays (even if they aren't celebrated here.) 
My heart goes out to the kids at the kids home. I talked to a 14 year old yesterday and I asked him how often he is bored. He said 80% of the time. He's not allowed to play outside, listen to music, etc. He is allowed to do his homework, which he mostly does at school. In the flat he's surrounded by other kids and they are also bored. So I'm trying to think of things that he can do to stay busy (and stop bugging the other kids.) A complicated puzzle, sudoku, etc. Thoughts? I am trying to get through to him. But his reason for causing a bit of chaos: "no one really minds and it's interesting.
Squid and the night market.

I've started to look at schools for my little man next year. It's not super straightforward. We will see how things progress in the next few weeks.

Just a short entry before I go to sleep. Thanks for stopping by and reading!

No comments: