Monday, December 21, 2015

Yikes

Happy Thursday!

I had a heart to heart with my little man. He talked about battles of doing right and wrong things. 

This morning I saw another kid's pencil case in his backpack. I asked were it came from. He told me that the teacher gave it to him. I told him he needed to give it back. It looked like it belonged to someone.

Tonight he told me there is a little boy that everyone thinks is "bad." He gave me examples of how the teachers use this boy as an example of bad behavior. And how the boy has a class nickname. He told me (through my little man's eyes) that the little boy was misbehaving. So pthe teacher told my little man to get the kid's backpack. He was told to take the kids pencil case and that he could keep it. He said the teachers always do things like that when kids are naughty. 

But he said, "you talked to the teacher today, didn't you?" Because today the teacher asked my little man to give it back to the kid. He said the teacher never asks kids to give those things back. He gave it back. My heart hurt.

So I think perhaps I will try to get together with teachers. 

It must be hard to hear: be kind and then have a teacher say: take something from someone else. It is a bit of a battle. But hopefully these challenges will build character.

Thanks for stopping by and reading:)











No comments: