Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Packing bags and heading back

I like car seats. Well, after kids are strapped in them. It's wonderful to have them restrained and often nap in there! As we finish up our last few days in England I am reflecting on how good it's been to connect with family and friends. I feel like I'm getting the hang of the systems. Like car seats. And always asking someone if they want a hot or cold drink (and almost understanding that I could ask again but that I don't have to ask again.) And trying to be indirect (I forget!), polite, to not talk to loud in public, etc.
I'm thankful to see our kids fitting in over here and doing well. It encourages me to think that even though they can have bad days at school and although they don't like extra attention, those are just circumstances and they are ok. They can thrive even though we live in a very different place, don't always get everything right, and have different pressures (communicating in a different language, following other social norms, etc) they are kids that are also growing, learning and pressing on. And that He is faithful.
Once we pack our fifty kids books (I think they have been counted!!) in our bags (I've convinced my DH we need a third bag and he's not impressed), I will take a great sigh of relief! I'm already looking forward to eating spicy noodles and seeing the people back there we love. I will remember that even though we may not use car seats and may not always fit a mold, we can learn to thrive through every circumstance. We aren't missing out just because things are different.
So just need to fit those books in, gear up for airports and long transits. 
Thanks for stopping by and reading!





1 comment:

Miriam Pauline said...

I was great to 'meet' the person behind the blog at Cornerstone. Travel safe and in grace. I look forward to seeing what is to come.