Monday, July 07, 2014

Home

We had bits and pieces of sleep over the past three days. But it's so good to be back. Exhausted but thankful. 
We couldn't find my toddlers shoes when we started our travels so he's actually just been barefoot for about the last thirty hours. Once we got our bags back we dug around to find something to put on his feet. I think he took them off anyways once we put them on.
Our 12 hour layover in Central Asia was easier on the way back. We had our stoller, we were in the international section of the airport (so there were windows and staff were friendlier,) The first person we saw was at customs was the man who was "too busy" last time to inquire after our stroller. I happily greeted him, asked him how his daughter was and showed him that we had our stroller. We continued to bump into familiar faces. I've never had so many conversations at customs but I guess we made our presence know last time chasing down a stroller (talking to everyone in all parts about it) and running around a tiny transit zone for twelve hours.  
It was a slow journey back... Buses, trains, the layover etc.
It is good to be back. It's great to see my little man happy to feel back home. He scooted through the train station saying hello to people. I'm trying to remember to just go with things. I didn't really get offended when two woman discussed my body size and shape (not in a positive light) while in the restroom (yes in front of me). I remember now that private conversations (little or big conversations/discipline moments/play times/reading books to kids) are really only be something we can do (peacefully and without interruptions) in our own house. Strangers like to ask questions, involve themselves in those moments, point, try to start a conversation with a child when they are busy, feel a part of each moment and it's just part of life here. I can't avoid (or change it). But I do know that If I don't have a right attitude I can get... call me crazy - protective - of those moments and little people. I need grace. Lots of it. I'm off to bed and looking forward to really getting into the swing of things tomorrow. 
Thanks for reading and stopping by.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you guys are amazing. miss you all -brooke