Tuesday, February 05, 2013

I love firsts

I love firsts.  First steps.  First times watching TV and watching little legs and bodies dancing around.  First words.  First perceptions of things.  Firsts.

A good friend gave me a box of Hamburger Helper last week.  I haven't had Hamburger Helper in YEARS! 

Tonight we arrived home late and it was a race to get something on the table for the kids.  I found the box of Hamburger Helper and cooked it up.  It was so much different than everything we've been cooking and eating (noodles, stir-fried things, etc.).  I gave it to our little baby and he just kept asking for more.  I think I got much more enjoyment watching him eat Hamburger Helper for the first time than him eating it.

Ever since our move last year we decided not to unpack our television.  We didn't really watch it that much and thought it would be nice not to have it up as a distraction. 

We started talking about unpacking it this week.  Today we got everything ready and multi-tasked.  We unpacked the TV, started cutting our little man's hair (he's only gotten his hair cut at home. The strategy is to put on a movie and put him in the high chair... he's big for the high chair but he's not exactly into haircuts and if he was in a chair he'd just get up and run into a different room) fed my little baby Hamburger Helper and let the boys watch Cars. 

It was the first time our little baby had ever seen TV.  He loved it.  He was bopping up and down waving his hands and body.  My little man on the other hand was trying to escape the haircut and I was pretty impressed that Lighting McQueen was speaking Chinese.

I love firsts and seeing my little guys experience life, flavors, and sights. 

No comments: