Saturday, June 23, 2012

Keeping Perspective

Sometimes it's hard to keep perspective with little people. 

But I'm trying to listen.  Trying to have heart-to-heart connections with them.  And get through to them.  In a good way. 

When my son says things like, "It's all my fault," I try to help him see that perhaps he was wrong, but there is grace. 

When he only wants to play in the slide for about half an hour in the sun, I try to remember that sometimes he likes being by himself.  Sun=fewer crowds. 

When he tries his best to communicate in Chinese to get what he wants, I try to let him and see what happens.  It is hilarious when he goes up to random people who are eating snacks, looks at them, looks at me and declares he's hungry.  He ended up with snacks:)

Trying to remember each day counts, little hearts are important, limits are good and wisdom is needed.

No comments: