Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A few of my favorite things

A few of my favorite things lately have been...

Listening to my almost three year old read an entire book all by himself!  I was so impressed.  I've thought for a long while that there are books that he probably has memorized, but he's never read any of them.  Today (for a bribe of gum) he read "Arnie the Accidental Hero" from front to back.  It's 22 pages long!

When I was putting him to bed, I asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said, "reading the whole Arnie book." 

I'm so proud of my little man!

I was doing a puzzle with him yesterday and when I was trying to help him he said, "Mama, that's wrong.  But it's ok."  He really does pick up everything.

Today was rough in some parts.  As we discussed it and his behavior he said, "I made a mistake.  I'm sorry."

He still loves to touch my hair.  Even though his little fingers get tangled in my hair and sometimes pull it, I love that he loves to be near me.

Yesterday he asked, "Can I ask you a question..."  I laughed and said "yes."  He's two!

Someone told me the other day that if I wasn't near my baby, he would look Chinese.  Interesting.

So many things... wish I could record each one.  





No comments: