England = rice uncertainties.
My little man has definite rice criteria.
He doesn't accept brown, stir-fried or rice with different bits in it. He takes it with soy sauce.
Soy sauce, ketchup, mayo and mustard are tools at our kitchen table. "If you eat one more bite, I'll give you some more mustard." It's not how I imaged I'd parent, but I also imagined that kids would "just eat." If it goes down with mustard and doesn't without it, I give in. For those who claim that when kids get hungry, they will eat, (refuse to give them what they want) they have yet to meet my little man. :)
His determination will get him far in life! We are trying to parent without breaking his will, but by molding it.
He doesn't accept brown, stir-fried or rice with different bits in it. He takes it with soy sauce.
Soy sauce, ketchup, mayo and mustard are tools at our kitchen table. "If you eat one more bite, I'll give you some more mustard." It's not how I imaged I'd parent, but I also imagined that kids would "just eat." If it goes down with mustard and doesn't without it, I give in. For those who claim that when kids get hungry, they will eat, (refuse to give them what they want) they have yet to meet my little man. :)
His determination will get him far in life! We are trying to parent without breaking his will, but by molding it.
I'm not sure how we'll fit into the healthy conscious English society with our assortment of condiments, lack of regular vegetables and refusal to drink all milk (we can get yogurt down him).
Don't get me wrong, my little guy eats vegetables, but just not steamed, baked, roasted ones. If he likes the texture and color, he'll eat them. So yes, he'll eat Chinese red cabbage, lotus roots, zucchini, celery, mushrooms, etc. but with the usual flavoring from here.
Maybe he'll be inspired by watching others. Maybe.
Our second little guy has just started eating solids. He was getting desperate and would try to grab my food and spoon.
I started to take him seriously when he started yelling every time something went into SOMEONE's mouth. I always thought I would "plan it" and have everything sterilized and ready. But one day he was so loud I just found a banana, smashed it, got a spoon and tried to see what he thought of it. And so solids have started with bananas, pureed apples, and baby rice:)
Where has my newborn gone? It seems like he was JUST 2 days old and now he's sitting up, anxious to eat food and trying to grab his brother's toys and putting everything he can reach into his mouth.
1 comment:
wow, Christina! You are experiencing so many special things. I cant believe you little one wants solids! i mean, he is as old as my little one and she is not even close. so funny how different kids are.
Post a Comment