We're going to England in a few weeks time. We're looking forward to it. It's going to be great to see family, friends, green grass, blue sky's, etc.
We miss people a lot and it will be nice to "do life," reconnect, see new babies, look at how much kids have grown up, talk to friends that are now almost in uni, see how new jobs and master programs are going.
I'm looking forward to eating fish and chips. Getting the cousins together. Good quality time with family and friends. Having English barbecues. Watching the news in English. Unrestricted access to the web. Greater freedoms in the UK. Gardens. Hearing English all the time. Grass. Grass. And more grass:)
I'm a bit unsure of a few details..
- What is my son going to eat? We're on a pretty steady diet of rice, noodles and toasty-cheese sandwiches. He doesn't dig casseroles, meat, chicken, roasts, etc. Soy-sauce and ketchup are staples at our dinner table. If we're at some one's house, will I just have to anticipate and have some white rice packed into a container.. ahh.
- How are we going to manage eating and sleeping routines? We have melt-downs if we put him down for his naps too late, if he doesn't eat on time, etc. Not sure how inflexibly will work when our motto will probably end up being, "flexibility."
- Do I put our baby in a Moses basket, a travel crib, in our bed:), etc. Weight-wise, I don't think we want to travel with two travel cots especially when our little guy is still pretty easy-going.
- How will my spirited toddler interact with others? He can be a bit of an aggressor out here. (it's a sharing, don't get in-my-space issue). Will things change if he can communicate with others? He's very rarely had anyone SHARE a toy with him (he's always sharing - or NOT). Will that make a difference?
- I could go on... but I think I will stop.
- Truly trusting that these things will get worked out. By themselves, maybe they don't seem like big issues. But I have a little guy that is creative, fun, resists change, gets very over-stimulated, doesn't like to sit in chairs, and energetic. Getting them right matters.
Hello white rice. Hello England.
No comments:
Post a Comment