Thursday, September 01, 2011

Birthday Cake

My little man turns two on Saturday:)  So I'm having a party for him tomorrow and I'm getting things ready.  Last year I tried to make a Thomas-themed party.  Since my cake was a bit of a disaster (I had a "cream frosting" and let's just say Thomas SANK in it.)  I don't think anyone really realized it was a Thomas party, I'm doing it again since my little guy still loves Thomas and hopefully my cake will work out better this year.

I have 12 tabs open with everything from: how to cool a cake, train cake videos, Thomas the Tank Engine tutorials, Food detectives, and more.  That's after I've been shutting the tabs after I'm done with them.  I've looked up recipes for frosting, cakes, birthday games and butter conversions.

A friend gave me a brand new loaf pan today:)  I was in desperate need of one since I only found a really old rusty one in my cupboard.  I binned it and called a friend looking for a pan.  He was out and about and got me a new one today.   It looked great.  It was a slightly different design - it has three holes on the bottom.  It also has a lid so I put the lid on the bottom and thought it would all be fine.  Well, let's just say there's now cake all over the bottom of my huge toaster oven (that I put on the wrong settings so everything was on broil instead of bake). No problem.  I'll clean the cake up and maybe I'll just need to super-glue those holes closed. 


But anyways, I will see what I can do tomorrow with my cakes & frosting. 

Time for bed!

No comments: