I thought I was over morning sickness. It appears that I need to find a better strategy than walking down the street and just holding my breath. It's not that things are different, it's just that my body is telling me it doesn't want to smell the strange cooking smells, the drains that don't always cooperate or the other things that lurk around.
A few of my favorite questions / comments so far:
- "Wow, look at her nose. Isn't it big." It must have been a big nose day because I think 4 people commented on my nose in one day. And that was the first day I arrived. Maybe it was still in jet-leg mode and it was longer than usual.
- I was asked by a woman today, "Are you fat or are you pregnant." I told her I was pregnant. He,y at least they're not all telling me I look skinny every time I go outside. It use to be how they greeted me. Who needs "Hi, how are you," when you can move onto "you are skinny." I'm thinking we're now moving in the direction of "you are getting bigger and bigger." I can handle that one. I gained 40 pounds when I was pregnant with DS. Not sure where I'm at now, but I don't actually mind going up in size.
- "Is your child a boy or a girl." Clothes and hair length don't define gender over here. I think he's a pretty cute looking little boy myself, but I'm partial:)
- "He STILL wears diapers!!??? How much longer are you going to put diapers on him." Let's just say that's the most popular question to ask. There's peer-pressure and then they're potty-training pressure. I was always told not to give into peer-pressure, but what about potty-training pressure. I now have to search out XXL diapers on Taobao (it's like the big ebay / amazon over here). Not many sellers have that size and now I can't get large quantities because it seems that there's not much demand for them. But I find them and well, when I don't, I guess potty-training will really begin:) (I'm really kidding. I can find them)
- A woman about 3 inches from my face asked me, "Do you LIKE having kids?" As if it was the craziest thing on the earth to enjoy. I love kids, but for many over here, kids are "mafan" and a bother.
No comments:
Post a Comment