Friday, July 02, 2010

I've checked out all the parks, I've been to the markets, but where do we go to have fun?

Before every weekend I wonder what kind of fun activities we could do.  Yesterday I was thinking about how nice it would be to have a dip in a lake.  But I think we'll have to save that one for when we're next back in Minnesota.  At least here in our city, there aren't any natural and our clean lakes.  We could go on a paddle boat here, but definitely not swim in the water!

I often ask my Chinese mom friends what they did over the weekend (sometimes I try to get people together and go to a park, but last time we walked all the way there with babies in tote and in the end, they told us there were too many kids in the play area and that we should come back a different day.)  I think my friends usually stay inside to avoid the heat and maybe walk around the plaza.  Maybe that's why they look at me strangely when I want to go places and take them to different areas.  

I like a bit of variety, so I wouldn't mind some other activities, cultural events, kids things!  Anything fun and exciting!    

But it's ok.  Today we'll meet up with friends, share a meal, perhaps go to a park and then maybe walk around the plaza.   


Yesterday I had an afternoon class, so in the morning, I decided William needed to get out and that we'd go to one of the children's park.  Most people don't go outside until later afternoon.  I thought it wasn't too hot and it would be fine. 
I saw this cool fisherman on the way.  He was a happy guy.
He catches fish that big with this cool net thing.
Well the park attendants were going to lunch so they told me to come back in half an hour.  So we wandered around and William found some dirt to eat.  We had a great time and then stopped back at the park.  They were ready for their naps and told me to come back in the afternoon.  At least we enjoyed the dirt.  We went back so I could get him lunch.   
Will was here
He probably liked the dirt even more than he would have liked the children's area.
He loved trying to stuff the dirt and sticks in his mouth.  Boys!

No comments: