Monday, May 03, 2010
It's Spring and not cold by a long-shot.
We've had some gorgeous weather these last few days! The sun's been out (the pollution is hiding somewhere...) and we've enjoyed some warmth! We've all been sporting summer clothes and drawing some serious looks. I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but Chinese people are still wearing long-underwear and jackets. I wanted to investigate so I asked my friend if I she was wearing long-underwear. Sure enough she was. Little babies are fully decked with normal winter clothes. I even had mom's ask me if William was cold. Yesterday would have been a hot English summer day. Temperature are reaching 94F/33C. I really don't understand their body temperatures and how they aren't hot, but ohh well.
Just brought my neighbors some cookies. They liked them. I'm enjoying building relationships with them. And hey, everyone likes cookies. My oven arrived - I ordered it on www.taobao.com So the cookies were the first things that I made in it. I'm still trying to figure out where to put it... it's bigger than a little toaster oven, smaller than a normal oven. So yah, I can now do lots of interesting things but it's resting on my counter space.
Ok, off to bed. It was a great holiday long weekend and now time to crack the language books open and get ready for our Chinese classes. Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment