Friday, April 16, 2010

Skype & Taoboa

Last night William slept through the night!  Yah!  So thankfully our neighbors didn't have to do any banging, we slept through the night too and are enjoying a nice Saturday morning.  I'm grateful for language study, but it's so nice to wake-up on a Saturday and not have to pull out my books.  So instead of studying, William, Luke and I had a nice conversation with my parents on skype:)  William enjoys listening and talking to his grandparents regularly; I can just put the computer on the couch and let him play while we talk.  It works pretty well and he gets to see and hear them.  

On another note, I REALLY enjoy looking at www.taobao.com  .  I can find all sorts of things on there that I can't find in stores.  I even found coffee creamer!  It's a bit complicated to set up and I still need to finish a final step (can't see to figure out the Chinese, go figure).  But yah, it's like window shopping online.  Do any of you do online shopping?  

Ok.. I think William's going to wake-up soon so I'm going to end this.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. I live by internet shopping. There is always something in the pipeline for us to look forward to. Today Paul got new crocs off Eaby (posted from China), we got a worm composting farm from Cape Town and some books from Johannesburg.ae

Christina said...

Ann, isn't it fun getting stuff in the mail! We just got some cheese in the mail though and they didn't quite get our order straight... resulting in frantic text messages to others trying to sell them on some of the cheese! Sounds like you guys have found some gems online!