Saturday, January 10, 2015

Lazy?

We have seen Grandpa and Grandma and uncle Matthew. It was really nice to be with them, catch up, spend time together and be reunited after more than a year. When they last saw our baby, he was just back from the hospital. Now he's walking.

They loved spending time with our boys. Maybe almost as much as our boys loved being with them.

Our boys loved their attention, the suckers and treats that were showered on them. Let's just say we have enough bubble gum to last... a while.

Comments along the way that cracked me up...

My little boy said, "he has my hair" when he stumbled upon another blond haired little guy. Guess the only other blond heads he sees are his brothers.

My little man informed an older girl all about cold and warm blooded animals. He was very serious. She was playing and jumping about so he looked at her and said, "I think you are a little wild."  

She wanted to play. He wanted to talk about life. She told him that she was lazy and he looked at her totally incredibly. He asked, "why." She told him it was because her parents were lazy. This got him even more upset. She asked my little man if he's lazy and he firmly said "no." She asked if my DH and me were lazy and he said, "my parents work really hard." 

He couldn't drop it. He talking to her about the importance of hard work, quoting some verses and then (eek) he even confronted her parents about it. I didn't see it coming.

I didn't quite know what to do.. Should I have told him to stop (I was trying my best to get him off of the subject), hide, or be grateful that he really is listening when we parent him, correct him and point him in the right direction. Maybe his approach was a bit direct (understatement) but he's understanding. The parents listened to why we should work hard, what Proverbs has to say word by word about laziness and finally they had to go. 

I constantly talk to him about the importance of working hard, how he can watch us and see how hard we do things, honor and how in life we learn to do things we don't always want to do - life isn't about following feelings or desires. He still doesn't eat peas (but at least he doesn't tell me that he doesn't feel like it), he will carry bags but not long distances and he still has his melt downs but little by little he's getting it.

Oh the things they say.

I'm short on photos at the moment as I write this. Here's one below of a bit ago...

I thought getting them vaccinated at the same time would be best. They weren't impressed. This other little boy got his shots all with a smile on his face.

Thanks for reading and stopping by!!

No comments: