A few photos of life around here.
Life has felt really busy lately. I think life with small children is always busy. There are always "dishes, food, clothes" to be attended to. Living over here, sometimes things just seem more complicated. If I want ground beef I have to go to the market but only in the mornings or evenings (because people close their booths in the afternoon). If I want to use butter, I have to plan ahead and buy it online. I use my pressure cooker a lot because my electric oven takes a long time and lots of electricity to use. (I still use my oven, just perhaps not all the time). There are just many normal things that take a bit of extra time to do over here.
BUT, I can run out to the corner shop and in like 15 minutes get a lot of essentials (apples, yoghurt, washing powder, some veg, milk, ice-cream...)
I can let my little guys run away from me (a bit) and not lose site of them (hard to miss their blond hair). It wasn't quite the same when we were back in the States. My Dad lost my little man at the zoo and lost baby at an indoor park (all in the same day). He loves them though and does a great job with them. Also there are often about 10 "ayi's" that will point me in the right direction of where they went or some older child that will chase them to bring them back to me.
It's been a hot summer. There's not a lot of shade outside (trees are sparse and cement is common) and the benches are all in really sunny spots. So I sit on the grass with the kids (the same grass that has a sign asking people to not step on it). We eat ice-cream and people tell me my kids are too hot outside and that I should go inside. If I don't take them outside though I go a bit stir-cray and they really start to climb the curtains! We went swimming today in a public pool FILLED with people and it was a lot of fun.
Anyways, here are some photos. A lovely friend took some of these. Thanks D!
Thanks for stopping by and reading!! Have a great one.
No comments:
Post a Comment