I laugh when I see "a first" for one of my kids and smile when I get to spend time with family and friends.
I've thought about blogging and have wanted to catch you all up on everything. But I haven't had much time to write, so I'm in a car right now and thought it was a good time to catch you up on us:)
England has been beautiful.
We are thankful to be here. Our boys are doing fine. With much grace, they're adapting to being on the road, saying hello and good-bye to family and friends each couple of days and aren't complaining about the journeys. We've stayed in about 5 different places so far as we get to visit family and friends and with luggage, a travel cot and us all we fit into one room. Most of the time, it's been smooth. There have been the occasional 3:00am or 4:30 am wake-ups. Not always pleasant. Especially when you wake-up a house full of people!! (Last night! I'm sorry everyone!)
So apart from our first night arriving, we've been at some one's house. Might seem a bit crazy, but it it means we get to spend time with family and friends and catch up on the last few years.
Firsts for our boys:
- Family meeting our baby! Special. Very special.
- CAR SEATS. Our little guy screamed the first three times he got in one. After the fourth time, he figured out it's a good place to sleep. Yay!
- Chasing pigeons. My little man had a blast flapping his arms and chasing them all around. I'm reminded that it's great to see people. It's also important to relax, chase pigeons and see what language they speak:)
- Communicating with other little people in English: I love watching the conversations happen! He understands other little people and they understand him:) For the most part!
- Food choices: We usually eat toast for breakfast and if it's cereal, it's usually cheerios or something similar. Our little man here has had Special K, Shredded Wheat, Frosties, etc. And he's eating more things (bread and pasta are his current staples, but things have gone OK in the food department. He's even tried and enjoyed lasagna!) Relief! We do have an emergency stash of peanut butter as a back-up if all else fails.
- Toys: He's been amazed to see Peppa Pig toys, Fireman Sam books, Thomas puzzles and the variety and type of toys, books, and puzzles here. He's even ridden a Thomas the Tank coin ride. I love watching his excitement as he plays and discovers new things. Very rarely has he had a chance to play with other people's toys (not many kids have toys where we live, it's just not seen as an important part of childhood ) whilst we live abroad. But here, he is finding the blessing of getting to share other people's toys.
There's a lot of people to see. Things to do. Plans to be made.
But we're thankful that we get to reconnect. Thankful for relationships.
Also, thanks to all of you that read this blog. I am encouraged to know that you have taken the time to read my random thoughts, look at our photos and that you care! Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment