My friends look at me and wonder what it's like being pregnant and running after a toddler. I get people from the corner shop telling me I shouldn't be wearing my current skirt (maternity skirt, but with a different cut than they're use to). And more than ever before, I feel very "noticed." People on the street don't just see me, they see my bump. I get many interesting reactions.
Being pregnant in China is interesting. I go against cultural norms. Some people try to tell me how to blend into them more (like wearing more layers, keeping my bump warm, not eating "black" food (coffee, oreo cookies, tea, chocolate, etc) and others just don't really know what to say, so just observe me.
I get many interesting looks, helpful suggestions and the continued scrutiny about where I'm gaining weight. I'm quite enjoy being pregnant, so I just keep trying to make jokes and then come back home and enjoy feeling little kicks.
No comments:
Post a Comment