Saturday, September 17, 2011

A bit of this and that

Some days I walk around with my "perfect" blog update.  Then I think, "ohh, that's much too cynical.  negative.  I have to be more positive about the people and the culture."  And so you know what I write.  Nothing.  My untold jokes make me laugh, but I guess I can't always claim to being funny anyways (as far as many have told me!!)

The "fat" comments have finally come to a rest.  Now people just touch my stomach and ask how far along I am.  It's quite refreshing to look pregnant rather than have people grabbing different parts of me and telling me I've gained weight.  I'm trying to imagine how things will be with two.  Just running to the market can be challenging.  Bribery, treats and knowing exactly what I want make it possible.  W's not always impressed when I stop to look at the different tomatoes, think about how I want to use bananas, etc. 

Last time I was pregnant, I had a schedule of when to see the doctor and there were always per-scheduled appointments.  Things are a bit more loose this time around.  I'm not sure how often they give check-ups here, so when I feel like it's been "about that amount of time" I text my doctor and ask if I can come to the hospital.  She usually tells me a day of the week, I ask a local friend to accompany us and off we go.  It's pretty quick - in and out.  Perhaps I just need to go on google and follow the real schedule.

Language studies are going fine.  My teacher is very kind and last week she was commenting on accents.  I made a joke and said I needed to improve mine.  She very nicely looked at me and said "yes, I think you do."  I really enjoy that part of my day.

Well time to wrap this up!  Dishes await.

Basketball time!
I LOVE watching them dance!  They're great!
Beauitful.

No comments: