Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Christmas Decorations

Well it's probably time that I take down my Christmas decorations; it's the New Year and Christmas is now a long ways away again.  It's just that, I don't want to take everything down!  I love having my little tree and Nativity scene up.  I don't have many decorations around my house, but it feels festive.  It never quite felt like Christmas when I was outside since most places didn't decorate.  So now, well I'm just enjoying remembering what Christmas is really about, the extra color in my apartment and talking to my little man about the Nativity scene.  We pet the cow, make animal sounds and he always tries to grab the porcelain figurines.

Maybe come March, it'll have a think again about it and take it all down!  haha.  At least for now, my little tree isn't going anywhere. 

1 comment:

globalgal said...

In my house we never took down our tree until Hilarymas (January 13th), a Swedish tradition handed down from my Great-Grandmother. I'm continuing the tradition, but to be honest, our apartment is so devoid of decoration I rather like the tree and ornaments in the middle of my living room!