Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I love Thanksgiving.  I love the good food, the special time with important people, giving thanks and the parties. 

My little man and I had our second Thanksgiving today.  My DH even forgot that it was Thanksgiving.  It's almost a crime to not remember Thanksgiving.  Especially since he's married to an American!  Anyways, it was a lovely day and good food.  And my DS even had two naps, think the Thanksgiving noodles made his sleepy!  haha. 

I made a layered salad and some biscuits.  The salad went over a bit better than the biscuits.

We're just ending our day.  I'm enjoying the central heating that's now on.  It's in every apartment in the city and will stay on until the 15th of March.  There's no way to regulate it, so if it's too hot, one must opeen a window and if it's not warm enough, extra sweaters and blankets (like what I have wrapped around me) do the trick.  We even have warm water in our bathroom and kitchen taps again.  Our hot water heater seems to only heat the water in the shower, so now things are a bit more comfortable.

It was a nice Thanksgiving, but on special days like this, I sure miss family, being in the midst of all the "commercial" celebrations and taking it all in.  Being far away makes me think more of the meaning of it and what I'm thankful for this year.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Lots of love from us:)

No comments: