Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rain, Dogs and flees


I've got a great rain cover for the stroller, so before we headed out into the rain, I brought it along.  Now I haven't quite figured out how to use it, but I like the idea of it.  William wasn't really too into it, but soon fell asleep, so all was ok.  My friend and I spent a few hours together and on the way back home, I again put on the rain cover.  William was screaming, it was raining and my soon-to-be nine month old baby just wanted to get out and practice walking, not my ideal circumstances!  (It's not that I want an early walker!!  But it's hard to not encourage walking when crawling in public places is more than discouraged.)


In the end, I paused, pulled him out and gave him a chance to move around.  We saw some dogs (an older dog and a really cute puppy!) and William just kept making loud noises at them (cute loud noises).  I asked the woman if he could pet them and she said no.  I thought that I must have misunderstood and asked her about 10 more times.  In the end, I think that either the dogs had flees, she was afraid that they'd bite William or perhaps she was afraid that the dog would pass some contagious disease to my son.  I'm not sure, but I think it had to do with flees (whilst doing charades, I was pretending that there were flees jumping around and she seemed to say yes!)


Luke had a good day of teaching.  He threw in a bit of Spanish in his lessons and tried to keep everyone on their toes.

And here are some photos of William and his friends from the week.

(I convinced these moms that their babies weren't too small to go on the slide.  The babies aren't sitting down because they have bare bottoms.. and bare bottoms just don't slide:) ) 
He's not afraid to sit on a pink horse.
William's English friend!

No comments: