Friday, May 07, 2010

Pig's Foot and William on the GO!


Last week I made our neighbor's cookies.  Tonight one of my neighbor's came by and very proudly presented me with a plate of boiled pig's foot.  It was very tender since it was boiled for about two hours!  He stood by watching and I thought I should probably jump in and give it a try.  I asked him how I should eat it and he assured me it was quite easy and that I could eat all of it, which meant, even the skin.  So I got my chopsticks and tore a piece of skin off and popped it into my mouth.  It was very tender, but not particularly my favorite of all things.  It was very kind of them to have shared with me.  My neighbor said that if I liked it, they'd be sure to cook me more of it.  I'm not sure how I should progress on this front.

On another note, William is on the GO!  Three times today he crawled directly to his shoes (he loves shoes) grabbed one of his and then crawled to the door!  At first I didn't really think he was intentional about what he was doing, but by the third time, I realized, he was trying to say "C'mon, let's GO OUT!"  I've been taking him out more often and he loves it.  I put him in the sling (he gets too heavy to just carry him and the stroller is a bit of a hassle with the stairs especially if we're just going out to the complex square.)  

The babies are hanging out together.  The little baby on the far right of the picture in the pink is 5 months old.  This was the second time she was outside.  They told me she didn't like the cold or strangers.  So I suppose now that the weather's warmer, it's time to get out!  She was smiling and cute.
Notice the guy on the right in the PJ's :)  Not sure what was going on.  It was about 6pm.

I get a lot of looks and people (especially the grandma's) ask me if I have a bag on me or what it is (it's a big sling that goes all around me and they've never seen anything like it).  They ask me if it hurts him, why I wear it, if I get tired wearing it and then they tell me that he's fat.  So I practice my language and we get to know each other.  

Ok, almost midnight and time for bed!  

No comments: