Remember that I wrote a while ago that there are good and bad language days. It's all just part of the process. I got my book this morning and sat down today and just didn't feel like studying. I wasn't feeling it. Yesterday I hung out with friends and was really lost in the language. I didn't feel like I understood much of what went on. And I didn't really enjoy my last class. My teacher is young and she's eager for me to learn great Chinese. I'm her first foreign student; no one has really taught her that sometimes students need encouragement and how some negative things (joking comments or an occasional laugh at my bad tones) just don't add to the learning environment. I was surprised how such silly meaningless remarks effected me. Before I studied, I asked God to help me in my class, with my teacher and then started studying and decided that I'd give it my best and have a good attitude. It's definitely a decision and not an emotion!
As I walked to my class, I was preparing to talk to her about western learning, differences and how it's ok to even have fun in class. In the end, we got into things, and slowly progressed. She was a bit more graceful towards me and I think I'll save the "it's ok to have fun in class" talk for a different day. I think if I didn't have my down days, I wouldn't appreciate this process as much. Who knows!
No comments:
Post a Comment