Friday, March 19, 2010

Why can you pronounce that?

My teacher is very patient.  We again worked on pronunciation.  It was slow-going.  At one point I repeated something and she said, "why can you pronounce that!"  Haha.. not the reaction I was expecting.  After I said something else, she said to me later, "a little better."  Not quite "good," but apparently not terrible either.  There's so much that I want to be able to communicate and ask at different given times, but I can only say bits and pieces and well, open up my dictionary, start doing charades... some people just walk away at that point!  

Today I was looking for a baby monitor (they don't exist over here!) and as I was looking around, about 10 women were suddenly around William looking at him, pointing, laughing, etc.  They handed him a toy and to their delight he started playing with it and making fun faces.  This was all up to the point when I took it away before we had to go.  He started really crying and they all looked very helplessly at me.  They don't like when babies cry over here.  In the end, I didn't find a baby monitor.  No one uses them since babies all co-sleep until about age 8 (seriously) and they just don't have separate rooms.  But with the help of a lovely Chinese friend, we found on a Chinese online site.

Well that's all for now.  I'm going to end this and I'll try to keep taking pictures.  

2 comments:

Kindra said...

Enjoy Reading about yalls experiences...William is quite the cutie!!

Jess "BrightGreenDoor" said...

Age 8! Oh my gosh, we had Jack out of our room at 6 weeks. Now though our rooms are so close that we stopped using our monitor. He's stopped crying when he wants to get up and now just yells, "Mammmmmmmmmaaaaa" and knows that eventually I will come.