I have a mixture of emotions thinking about leaving, but probably mostly sad to leave friends and family. These months have gone so quickly and we really treasure the time we've been able to spend with people. There are really only a handful of days left and we're trying to use our time wisely by tying up loose ends, doing all sorts of visa, legal, house stuff and having last visits with people.
Our group of friends from Mendoza, Argentina just left yesterday. It was great having them. They did projects around Nottingham and spent time with us. Of course they loved seeing William and we're very grateful since they helped us do some painting and sorting!
Our house was used as the meeting place so we had people in and out all week, which we always like. We like the activity and people. I'm not sure what our guests thought of our hospitality as we had the doors because they were painted... perhaps it meant we had more social time together since no one could really "shut their bedroom doors."
No one complained and William was pretty quite for most of the nights.
A week on Monday we leave for Minneapolis. I keep looking around at our stuff and thinking, I hope everything fits in our suitcases. I think we're going pretty light. We borrowed a lot of stuff so we actually don't need to travel with too much stuff.
Well I hear little William crying and better go try to soothe him.
No comments:
Post a Comment